Geography | GK | GK MCQ

Where has the Geological Survey of India located most of India’s Chromite ? / भारतीय भूवैज्ञानिक सर्वेक्षण ने भारत के अधिकांश क्रोमाइट को कहाँ स्थित किया है?

Where has the Geological Survey of India located most of India’s Chromite ? / भारतीय भूवैज्ञानिक सर्वेक्षण ने भारत के अधिकांश क्रोमाइट को कहाँ स्थित किया है?

 

(1) Cuttack / कटक
(2) Singhbhum / सिंहभूमि
(3) Manipur / मणिपुर
(4) Hubli / हुबली

(SSC Combined Graduate Level Prelim Exam. 24.02.2002)

Answer / उत्तर : –

(1) Cuttack / कटक

Geological Survey of India - Wikipedia

Explanation / व्याख्यात्मक विवरण :-

Over 97 per cent of total recoverable reserves of chromite have been found in Odisha. Orissa is the leading producing State of chromite, accounting for 99% of the total production. Production of chromite in Karnataka, Maharashtra accounts for the remaining 1% production. Chromite deposits of Sukinda and Nausahi ultramafic belt of Orissa constitutes 95% of the country’s chromite resources. Here chromite occurs as concentration and disseminations in the ultramafic rocks, in the form of lenses, pockets, thin seams and stringers. Sukinda, Sarubali and Sukrangi are all located in Cuttack district.

The Geological Survey of India is an organization functioning under the Ministry of Mines, Government of India. It was established in 1851. Its function is to conduct geological surveys and studies. It is one of the oldest such organizations in the world.

क्रोमाइट के कुल वसूली योग्य भंडार का 97 प्रतिशत से अधिक ओडिशा में पाया गया है। उड़ीसा क्रोमाइट का प्रमुख उत्पादक राज्य है, जो कुल उत्पादन का 99% हिस्सा है। कर्नाटक, महाराष्ट्र में क्रोमाइट का उत्पादन शेष 1% उत्पादन के लिए होता है। उड़ीसा के सुकिंडा और नौसाही अल्ट्रामैफिक बेल्ट के क्रोमाइट जमा देश के क्रोमाइट संसाधनों का 95% हिस्सा हैं। यहां क्रोमाइट अल्ट्रामैफिक चट्टानों में लेंस, जेब, पतली सीम और स्ट्रिंगर के रूप में एकाग्रता और प्रसार के रूप में होता है। सुकिंडा, सरुबली और सुकरंगी सभी कटक जिले में स्थित हैं।

भारतीय भूवैज्ञानिक सर्वेक्षण (Geological Survey of India) भारत सरकार के खान मंत्रालय के अधीन कार्यरत एक संगठन है। इसकी स्थापना १८५१ में हुई थी। इसका कार्य भूवैज्ञानिक सर्वेक्षण और अध्ययन करना है। ये इस तरह के दुनिया के सबसे पुराने संगठनों में से एक है।

 

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply