GK MCQ | Indian polity

What is the implication of the Central Government granting “Special Status” to a State ? / केंद्र सरकार द्वारा किसी राज्य को “विशेष दर्जा” देने का क्या तात्पर्य है?

What is the implication of the Central Government granting “Special Status” to a State ? / केंद्र सरकार द्वारा किसी राज्य को “विशेष दर्जा” देने का क्या तात्पर्य है?

(1) Substantially large percentage of the central assistance will be as grantsin-aid / केंद्रीय सहायता का काफी बड़ा प्रतिशत सहायता अनुदान के रूप में होगा
(2) The extent of loan as a percentage of total assistance will be low / कुल सहायता के प्रतिशत के रूप में ऋण की सीमा कम होगी
(3) Current account budgetary deficit will be bridged by the Central Government / चालू खाता बजटीय घाटा केंद्र सरकार द्वारा पूरा किया जाएगा
(4) Both (1) and (2) above / ऊपर (1) और (2) दोनों

(SSC Section Officer (Audit) Exam. 09.09.2001)

Answer / उत्तर :-

(4) Both (1) and (2) above / ऊपर (1) और (2) दोनों

Explanation / व्याख्या :-

The Special category states category is meant for a specific category such as a hilly terrain and geographically difficult area where supply of public services is difficult. The National Development Council and not the Central government decides on the special category classification for states. At present, there are 11 States that have been granted special status, including Jammu and Kashmir and the seven North Eastern States. Some of these States get some tax concessions for setting up industry. The method of budgetary allocation is also different for special category States and non-special ones. Under the existing formulae, one-third of the gross budgetary support goes to special States and the remaining to other States. In addition, special status States get 90 per cent of resources under the grant and remaining 10 per cent as loan, while non-special ones get 70 per cent of the resources as loan and remaining 30 per cent as grant. / विशेष श्रेणी राज्य श्रेणी एक विशिष्ट श्रेणी जैसे पहाड़ी इलाके और भौगोलिक रूप से कठिन क्षेत्र के लिए है जहां सार्वजनिक सेवाओं की आपूर्ति मुश्किल है। राष्ट्रीय विकास परिषद राज्यों के लिए विशेष श्रेणी के वर्गीकरण पर फैसला करती है न कि केंद्र सरकार। वर्तमान में, 11 राज्य हैं जिन्हें विशेष दर्जा दिया गया है, जिसमें जम्मू और कश्मीर और सात पूर्वोत्तर राज्य शामिल हैं। इनमें से कुछ राज्यों को उद्योग स्थापित करने के लिए कुछ कर रियायतें मिलती हैं। विशेष श्रेणी के राज्यों और गैर-विशेष राज्यों के लिए बजटीय आवंटन का तरीका भी अलग है। मौजूदा फॉर्मूले के तहत, सकल बजटीय सहायता का एक तिहाई विशेष राज्यों को और शेष अन्य राज्यों को जाता है। इसके अलावा, विशेष दर्जे वाले राज्यों को 90 प्रतिशत संसाधन अनुदान के तहत और शेष 10 प्रतिशत ऋण के रूप में मिलते हैं, जबकि गैर-विशेष राज्यों को 70 प्रतिशत संसाधन ऋण के रूप में और शेष 30 प्रतिशत अनुदान के रूप में मिलते हैं।

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply